I Got Life Mother

In 1992 I found an old record of the Broadway musical Hair at a used record store. I was sixteen at the time and was on the verge of coming out. As a result, I memorized all the songs easily and fifteen years later here I am: auditioning for a lead role in the San Jose performance of Hair.

Friday, August 11, 2006

Folsom International Triathlon - Who will Swim 1.5K?






On my way to Folsom Saturday and I'm not talkin South of Market. My coworkers Jerry Castro and Paul Hettler convinced me to run the 10k leg of this International distance triathlon relay. The swim is 1.5k, the bike is 40k and the run is 10k. However, Jerry may have to opt out due to a family emergency and so I have been frantically searching for a back-up swimmer this morning.

It appears that my lovely own Brian Burns might step up to the plate if Jerry can't make it. I am shocked. Brian just started swimming again a few weeks ago. I guess he feels pretty strong- I reminded him that it is 1500 meters. That's further than I've ever competed and usually for your first tri the swim is the most mind fucking of the events. I'm pressing Brian to stick to the running but I'll let him decide.

Part of the reason I'd rather he run is because he helped Jerry and I win 3rd place in the Wildflower Triathlon this Spring. Bri was running about 6:15 minute miles! That's definitely faster than I can run, but it remains to be seen who is the stronger swimmer. I'm puttin my bets on him, but a part of me wants to beat him at something. Maybe I am competitive after all!

Here's the goldenboy during the Wildflower Triathlon


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home