I Got Life Mother

In 1992 I found an old record of the Broadway musical Hair at a used record store. I was sixteen at the time and was on the verge of coming out. As a result, I memorized all the songs easily and fifteen years later here I am: auditioning for a lead role in the San Jose performance of Hair.

Sunday, August 20, 2006

Funky Fried Chicken by Juanita MORE!


Chiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiild.

They say every athlete has a reward which follows a fantastic performance. Y'all know about my Ben & Jerry's fetish by now... Well, I have a new fabulous monthly brunch to look forward to. Local drag personality and queen of fabulosity, Juanita More! cooks up some incredible funky fried chicken at Mars Bar & Restaraunt in South of Market. She also sizzles the decks with old school soul and R&B, along with the City's very own house legend David Harness. Shit I need to work for a club zine.

ANYWAY, let me just say that this stuff was more than finger lickin' good. I was praising the lord by the time I had all that honey off my lips. It was complimented with a sensible green salad and some homemade corn muffins. Add to that a nice tall Bloody Mary and some carrot cake for dessert (also made by Juanita) and my ass was in ghettolicious heaven! I just want to say if you get the chance, try to catch this one next month. It will stick to your soul.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home