I Got Life Mother

In 1992 I found an old record of the Broadway musical Hair at a used record store. I was sixteen at the time and was on the verge of coming out. As a result, I memorized all the songs easily and fifteen years later here I am: auditioning for a lead role in the San Jose performance of Hair.

Monday, November 27, 2006


where we come from, sometimes, beauty
floats around us like clouds
the way leaves rustle in the breeze
and cornbread and barbecue swing out the backdoor
and tease all our senses as the sun goes down.


-from People of Watts by Ntozake Shange


On my way to work I saw this marvelous rainbow, which I wish I could say is pictured above but thanks to the wonders of the modern age and google and no thanks to my ghettofab low tech cell phone camera that is not the case. . . And so I saw this rainbow and it totally lifted my mood- which by the way was quite nasty -like boom!

It got me thinking, well maybe I need to appreciate the beauty that surrounds me more often. One of the jewels of my Thanksgiving break was realizing how un-mindful I have been of what is important to me. I am using this blog for a moment to self reflect so stay with me folks. Basically I am gonna try to focus on what matters more intently from now on. We'll see how it goes. Maybe I'll take the time to snap a pic of an actual rainbow, from like, my life.

1 Comments:

Blogger michael said...

thanks for the reminder... i was forgetting to notice today how beautiful the man next to me is.

i remembered. :-)

10:11 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home