I Got Life Mother

In 1992 I found an old record of the Broadway musical Hair at a used record store. I was sixteen at the time and was on the verge of coming out. As a result, I memorized all the songs easily and fifteen years later here I am: auditioning for a lead role in the San Jose performance of Hair.

Wednesday, January 17, 2007

A New Year, A New Me



In the true spirit of a blogger I have decided to reinvent myself and my blog to better reflect a feature that is fundamental to this art form: solipsism. I am really doing nothing new, since the old form pretended to be about triathlons and actually just gave me a forum to show off my body. Having failed miserably at triathlons, I think I will stick to writing about myself in general. It's far more interesting, and seems to disturb some at their very core.

At the moment I am having a very ugly email war with a close friend who has finally told me what they think of me. It aint pretty. I've been accused of being self-absorbed, narcissistic and a solipsist. The last definition actually was said of me when we first became friends, and was not used in the email. My take on the situation is that my dear friend has become bored with himself and is choosing to attack those closest to him who are obviously more interesting. But at the heart of it all is of course a bit of truth to what he says: I cannot help seeing the universe only through my eyes. That's what they are for, actually.

I won't lie, this fight has left me feeling emotional and powerless. But it also has made me just want to do more of the same, continue to be self-involved, admire myself for my good qualities and collect compliments wherever possible. You see I am not interested in listening to criticisms from others if they do not serve to make me a better person. Why not use what talents I have to attract the positive things in life, even if that means coming across as a little solipsistic.

And so I bless this new year with a new blog that is going to allow me to roam into some new territory- some of it humorous, some of it dark, some enlightening. Much like someone I know very well actually.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home