I Got Life Mother

In 1992 I found an old record of the Broadway musical Hair at a used record store. I was sixteen at the time and was on the verge of coming out. As a result, I memorized all the songs easily and fifteen years later here I am: auditioning for a lead role in the San Jose performance of Hair.

Monday, August 21, 2006

DA-YAMN them blisters on my feet hurt!

Here my ass is seen running with no socks in the June 2006 Tri For Fun- the run of which was anything but for me. Jerry says that it saves him time not to wear any socks, but for me the act proved nothing less than damnfoolishness. My feet are kinda retarded anyway and these Adidas I bought in NYC last Spring have given me trouble before. But nothing like the blisters that formed on this fateful day- good lawd! How hilarious is that wince of pain as I smash the injured foot again one last time while the leprachaun behind me gains some ground.

I think the playlist I had that day was actually a lot better, as I had created it especially for this race. The songs I was most feeling at the beginning of Summer were a mix of old favorites and some remakes, with a sprinkle of new ones:

Love Sensation / Enjoy the Silence (ewan pearson remix)/ Mas Que Nada (Sergio Mendes + Black Eyed Peas) / In My Arms (Tocadisco Remix) / Bette Davis Eyes (Kim Carnes) / Situation (Yaz) / Somnambulist (BT) / Get It Get It (Scissor Sisters)

I actually don't think it took me so long to run that I was able to listen to all these, but you never know... those blisters have a way of slowing one down. Perhaps even to the tune of 12 minutes slower!



Here I am a few paces after that earlier pic. Don't I look a lot better all of a sudden? I always find the energy to really haul during the last 50 yards, this past week I kicked it up a notch even earlier down the hill. It makes me wonder how much I could keep it going if I just sprinted harder during the whole run. I guess I'll have to wait until the next event to find out! Pacific Grove has been planted in my mind, and I will decide this week if I will be going down.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home