I Got Life Mother

In 1992 I found an old record of the Broadway musical Hair at a used record store. I was sixteen at the time and was on the verge of coming out. As a result, I memorized all the songs easily and fifteen years later here I am: auditioning for a lead role in the San Jose performance of Hair.

Wednesday, August 30, 2006

Have a Great Burn!

To those of you travelling to Burning Man this week, I wish to send you good luck on your journey and hope you have a meaningful experience! I am unable to attend this year due to work obligations and a Rodriguez family reunion this weekend in Yosemite (a rare occasion). Believe me, I would love more than anything to ditch it all and stand on stilts like my friend Malekei here at Coachella- amidst all of the shiny happy people. Of course, that would set me back pretty far on my training, which by the way has already begun to slack if I may be honest...

Anyway, one of those attending is my boyfriend Brian who leaves today. It was hard to watch him pack his outfits and decorate his bicycle, knowing I would not be joining. It will be his first time though, and I know he'll have an incredible experience on his own. My first and only burn was in the year 2000. It was a different time for me, I certainly wasn't training for any triathlons!

In the spirit of the event, I made a funky dance CD for Brian to inspire him:


1. Point of View - DB Boulevard
2. Double Dutch Bus - Frankie Smith
3. Missing Sweet Love - The Arbiters mash-up remix
4. Boogie No More - Dorfmeister vs. Madrid de los Austrias
5. World In My Eyes (Cicada Mix) - Depeche Mode
6. Comfortably Numb - Scissor Sisters
7. Days Go By - Dirty Vegas
8. Love sensation - Eddie Thoneick & Kurd Maverick
9. Anyway - Amber
10. Flashing For Money - Deep Dish
11. No More Conversations (mylo remix) -Freeform Five
12. Money In The Bag (Sharam Jey Remix)- Kraak & Smaak
13. Policy Of Sweet Dreams - DJ Earworm - Depeche Mode/Eurythmics

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home